Wednesday 10 December 2008

Advanced production log of progress

I have not posted anything on my blog for a while because i have been busy sorting out my UCAS form. However, i have continued working on my actual magazine.Over the last couple of weeks i have been working on my Front cover and my egg advert. My front cover is very nealry finished but i still have to change the font coulours. This is because although i had used the colour on the rim of the tea pot to show continuity,the colour blends into the back ground too much and makes it really hard to read.
I have my last photoshop lesson tomorow in which i will find out how to put the text behinde the top of the image because, at the momment the text is obscuring the images and you cannot tell what it is.
I have also been working on my Egg Advert i have been neatning up the images of the chickens.I have also tryed to give the chickens facial expressions in order to show that they are sad and then happy.Originally the layout of the advert had the text like in a fairey story.My reason for this was that it was suposed to be like the NSPCC stories where the audience hear stories of these abbandonend animals and then empthaise with them(in my case the Aduience will buy the lyons eggs).
However in the actual advert i am having to come up with another phrase that conveys the message, but it fewer words .This is because adverts do not have that much text in them,and the audiance wont stop to read the text.They need to be drawn in predomenetly by the images. This means that i have chosen to represent cruelty through images e.g the use of a giant foot stamping on the chickens,this again adds huomour to the advert.In regards ot the text used on the advert I am still trying to find a way of getting the message across in fewer words.
I have also put a hay background on the advert which has connatations of farms and rural settings which makes the link between the chickens and there normal sourroundings.This also has connatations of summer,much like my hole magazine in terms of the colours used,it has a very fresh summury feel to it.I am pleased with both pages so far but i need to work more on the text on both pages because i dont think the colours look right.I will also need to include an image of the egg box on the advert.

No comments: