Monday 3 November 2008

Advanced production log of work

During the half term i did another version of my mock up, i worked on all four pages of my magazine. Looking at the advice that my teacher had given to me about the lay out of the pages in magazines.Lat week i worked on my front cover again because i had to change the text because it was to small.this presented a problem because i did the front cover on photoshop and saved it as a j.peg in order to bring it into school.
However this meant that i could not change what i had originally done so i had to go back into photoshop and change it. I also had a few problems when it came to printing it out because because it cut the top of the masthead and release date off.by re doing the mock up and using the real image for my front cover it allowed me to see that the image effects the hole feel of the magazine. I am happy with the front cover because it conveys the idea of being a bit quirky and having fun with food which is the basis of my magazine.

I also worked on my contents page(ingredients) I changed the lay out of my page and the font size. but i have not yet taken the real images that that will go on the contents page.

i also worked on my Egg advert,i have changed the lay out of the advert so that it is on a double spread because i wanted to make the image of the chicken sitting on the egg larger. i have also changed the back ground colour to white because because you don't see many adverts with a full background of color. also, by making the background colour white the images stand out more. As i did not do the mock up of the advert on photoshop, but powerpoint i was trying to find a way of blending the phtoshoped images, with the background on powerpoint.I did this by using the blend tool on the tool bar.This hides the boxses that are around the images,this means that they now look part of the advert as oppsed to being added on. I also need to cut out the images of the chickens more neatly on photopshop for the final copy.

I have also worked on my Recepie page i have chaned the background colour from pink to white because the bright pink is to strong that it detracts from the focus of the page which is the image of the choclate cake. i have also changed the font used for the section about serving suggestions to a small dark brown font(bush script std) undermeath the recepi to protray the idea that its an after thought.I also changed the coluor of the tag line to match the coulr of the plate which the cakes sit on.

No comments: